Wednesday, August 11, 2010

1st Day of School 2010

So here are my 3 babies off to school on their first day of first grade, kindergarten and preschool.
Wow!  I can't even believe it.  I will feel like somewhat of an empty nester for a little while until the Lord blesses with me a new job.  For 7 years, I have been so blessed to stay at home with Joshua, Marah and Macy.  This year, Rodney and I have decided for me to go back to work.  I am on the job hunt as we speak and hope to have something very soon (we pray).


Macy with her new backpack she picked out :)
Marah with her kindergarten teacher - Ms. Berry
Joshua had this wonderful teacher for his first year of kindergarten as well :)
Joshua with his 1st grade teacher - Aunt Carolyn (oops, I mean Ms. Browning)
This new name is taking some getting used to :)  How lucky could Joshua be...
And here is Macy with her teacher Mrs. LouAnn...
This teacher we have known for many many years.  Her husband was my high school basketball coach and I used to babysit her kids when I was in high-school - LOVE HER!

Rodney and I could not be more pleased with the great group of teachers our kids have this year.  Just what we needed with this transition of me going back to work.  Our kids will be WELL taken care of - we know this.

So Monday was a big day for me shipping all my kiddos off to school.  I needed to go ahead and send Macy, so she could get used to the routine.  She marched right in her first day and took off for the toys with her backpack still on.  She could have cared less mommy was leaving.  She pee-peed in the potty all day at school, but only took a 30 minute nap.  The other kids slept for 2 hours.  Mrs. LouAnn told me her biggest challenge all day was trying to get Macy to whisper while the other kids were sleeping.  Also, a little boy took a toy away from her and she pushed him.  So, preschool is going to be interesting and lots of fun I'm sure for Mrs. LouAnn and the other kids in Macy's class.

Joshua said his school day was 'awesome' and Marah loved everything about it!
So the 1st day of school 2010, was a GREAT one!

1 comment:

McKinney Madness said...

Those pictures are too cute! So glad to hear they had a great first day of school!