Thursday, June 12, 2008

Flying home today!

The Miami trip has been great for the both of us. We've enjoyed spending time together and missing exit after exit while still learning our way around. I've had lots of time to relax, although I only put on my swimsuit 1 day (it was yucky and cloudy the other days).

And on that one day at the pool, I was laying on a chair at the time when I thought I heard something behind me...sure enough, it was a huge green iguana, the size of a small cat. Are you kidding me? How crazy is that? I could have been eaten alive! It was pretty funny. Wish I had my camera at the time, but I didn't.

We fly into Huntsville about 10:22pm, so we will not be home until 11:30 or so. My kids are with their Mimi and Pappy and we'll see them tomorrow after the bridesmaids luncheon. We both miss them so much and can't wait to give them hugs and kisses. Mimi sent us a picture of Joshua and Marah yesterday with 2 of Sweet Pea's (mimi & pappy's bassett hound) new puppies. The kids looked so much bigger (even though it's only been 4 days). Knowing how much fun they've had with both of our parents has made our trip even greater. We trust they are being well taken care of and we appreciate both parents for the help.

Flo-town here we come...

3 comments:

Mary Virginia said...

Good to hear about your trip. We had a good one too in May and Aubry got to be with her Miy-Miy and Pappa. She's 10 months old today. -mv

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

haha! glad you guys had a great and safe trip. we are the same way, whenever we leave, our kids always look super big too!

Sunny said...

I would have fallen out of my chair if I had seen an iguana behind me!!! I'm so happy that you guys were able to get away together and enjoy some time alone!