Monday, June 9, 2008

Miami, Florida

A few months ago, Rodney found out he was going to Miami on a business trip and he told me that I could go with him. Yeah - so here we are! We landed in Miami yesterday afternoon about 6:20, got our rental car and found our hotel about 8:30. So, the lady at the rental place gave us directions but somehow we ended up on the other side. Oh well, we made it. We know how men are, wanting to drive forever thinking you'll just come upon your destination out of pure luck. Rodney finally called our hotel to get more directions. I was trying to keep my lips zipped about the whole thing. I was ready to eat! We know nothing about Miami! Only that tonight we will be going to see the Marlins play (even though Josh is still hurt). Hopefully we will make it there in time to see them play at 7:00pm. HA Ha! I'm sure we will. Rodney is much better with directions than I am.

Rodney has meetings for most of the morning, then we'll grab lunch and he has to go back for more meetings. As for me, well I'm just taking it easy. Napping whenever I want to, laying out at the pool, TV and reading the book I brought along. John Rosemond's "Parenting By The Book."

This was a perfect break for Rodney and me to spend some time together. This is probably the longest vacation we've had just the 2 of us. I miss the kids so much. I think I started missing them before we dropped them off at Nana and Grampie's! We are so blessed to have wonderful parents to keep Joshua and Marah while we are gone. My mom and dad (nana & grampie) have them till Wednesday. The kids did not want to miss Vacation Bible School at CrossPoint so I look forward to hearing about their morning in a few hours. Mom and dad are taking them to the fountain tonight at the Marriott. They have the water going and a light show with music late at night. The kids love it. Rodney's parents (Mimi & Pappy) will get them on Wednesday and take them back to the river. Mimi and Pappy's camper stays there through the summer, so we get to go and stay whenever we can. The kids love to ride in the boat, throw rocks in the water and make smores in the fire while they are there.

We fly home late Thursday night into Huntsville and Cortney's bridesmaid luncheon is Friday morning. Mimi will bring the kids back after the luncheon sometime. Of course, that night is the rehearsal dinner then Saturday the wedding. SO this week will be busy. Then we'll have a free week next week and leave next Saturday for the beach.

I will have lots of free time on my hands, so you may catch another post before Thursday (while 2 in one week). We are excited about the game tonight and whatever else we are able to do here in Miami.

8 comments:

Julie Young said...

Sounds like you guys are having a good time. I bet you will enjoy having this "free" time before Macy gets here!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

how wonderful! I love vacays sans kids but I cry every time. (wait...ive only left them once...womp womp) but we do have one coming up for the beach...i dont know if ill be able to stand it! hope you guys h ave a blast...have you officially moved yet?

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

oh wait never mind. you just told that entire story and I forgot. are you enjoying your house? am i confused? yes.

Kimberly said...

Paige, enjoy your time away, and take it easy. I hope you have a lot of fun.

Jessa Mullen said...

I am jealous, I am wishing I was in Miami soaking up the sun.. YOu are going to be so brown for this weekend. I can't wait to see ya'll !!

Stacy said...

WOW!!! HAVE FUN!! :)

brooke said...

I'm so glad that you and Rodney get some time away together. Ya'll certainly deserve it! Enjoy your time together cause you know the kids are well taken care of. Look forward to reading your other blogs this week. te he he

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I hope ya'll have a great vacation together, Paige, and that you have lots of free time to do whatever you want whenever you want. You deserve it more than anybody! Love you! See you this weekend!