Tuesday, June 10, 2008

KenGriffey Jr. - 600th Homerun

The Marlins game was a blast last night. Rodney and I had so much fun! Even if your not a sports fan, major league baseball games are fun to go to. Luckily for us, we both love sports, so we stayed for the full 9 inning game. My feet were starting to swell by then.

Marlins played the Reds. Rodney and I witnessed history in the making. Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 600th career home run. That was pretty neat! Then they put the Kiss Cam on us for everyone in the stadium to see. So we leaned over and gave a nice conservative kiss for the crowd. We ate hot dogs, nachos, and peanuts! Yum Yum!

We missed out on seeing Josh because I accidentally left my phone in the car. Ginger had called to tell us that Josh had put our names down for a media pass to come down and see him. What a bummer, since my phone was in the car. I felt terrible, but maybe we'll get to see him next game! Thanks to them for trying to get us in, shame on us for leaving our phone in the car.

Anyways....we made it there just fine. I had printed out directions from Mapquest and we found the stadium with no trouble.

It's suppose to rain and thunderstorm today, tomorrow and the next day. It was overcast and cloudy yesterday. Am I gonna get any sun while I'm here? I might not! But that's okay. We are having a wonderful time.

3 comments:

Julie Young said...

How cool is that that you got to witness the 600th HR! That cracked me up about the Kiss Cam. HA!

brooke said...

How hilarious that ya'll were on the Kiss cam! Fun Fun! That sticks ya'll left the phone in the car. Why didn't you write about the Huge Iguana that almost ate you at the pool. te he he

Kristy said...

Patrick is so jealous. KG Jr. is his alltime favorite. He has his Louisville Slugger bat displayed prominently in our home... Love the kiss cam story too!