Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Surprise Snow Day of 2010

Ooh, I just love unexpected snow days!  Boy was this a surprise!  The first thing I do every morning when I wake up is open our blinds in the living room, then go start my coffee.  I opened the blinds to huge snowflakes tumbling down and the street was already covered.  It looked like it was sticking and sure enough it was.  Then immediately I turned on the tv to see if Florence City was delayed - of course not - we are always the last to go.  I had already talked to my Aunt Carolyn (who is a teacher at FH where Joshua goes to school), and she told me to NOT get out.  So we didn't. 
We got out and PLAYED!
My dad measured 4 inches at his house.  Amazing!  4 inches and the weather people had no clue.  It goes to show, they really just don't know what will happen.





8 comments:

Jessa Mullen said...

That is amazing... If we could just get HALF of that.. I am SO very jealous!!

Kimberly said...

YOu got some great pictures! Looks like you all had a blast.

Ashley said...

I love these pictures!

brooke said...

Oh my goodness, these pictures are so cute!! I'm so jealous y'all got all that snow! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this weekend!

Cortney said...

And to think.. it was 54 degrees here and I went to school. all. day. I hope we get some this weekend!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I can't believe ya'll got 4 inches...and nobody knew it was coming! Crazy! What a fun day...and such cute pictures of ya'll playing together. :)

Will and Melodie said...

The pictures are GREAT!! Loving that new camera I assume! Looks like a fun time!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

You have such precious kids! I say all the time that I'm going to meteorology school to become a weather man because you don't have to be right to still get paid.
:-)