Monday, July 21, 2014

NANA CAMP DAY FIVE


DAY 5 – July 20
 

Today was a great day because we all had the privilege of worshipping God. Grampy and I cannot stress enough to the kids that living daily to glorify God is the most important thing in our lives. We want them to know we make many mistakes, but our awesome God is always there to help us and guide us in the path in which we should go.

 

After lunch the kids went to the pool with Paige and Rodney. Grampy and I have talked about putting in a pool several times. I know the kids would enjoy it, but it is a big decision for us to make. I think right now we are about 60-40 putting in one. I guess we will wait and see what Grampy decides.

 

My niece, Kelly Martin, husband David, and precious new baby Will, came down from Auburn (War Eagle) for a few days to visit with Grampy’s sister Diann and family. They came by the pool just to see the kids and spend some time with them. The kids had not seen their new cousin and they all adored him.

 

After the swim it was back to church for the evening service. Back at home we continued with several games. The kids enjoyed the Corn Toss, Ball & Spoon Race, Driveway Bulls Eye and the Pillow Case Hop. We also had some long, huge, sparklers. The kids used half of them before dusk and the others just after. Believe it or not we still have not done the Lightening Bug Run because we just haven’t seen them out. We could only find one last night. Maybe the kids’ loud voices and such scared them off. LOL

 

The kids are non-stop and high energy all day long. They are like the Duracell battery. They go and go and go. There are definite times I skid to a complete stop and I am very low energy. Somehow, someway, I find a way to keep going. Some nights when I fall into bed I am thinking that there is no way my legs will be able to get out of bed the next morning. Miraculously by morning I am up and ready to get started with the day. The kids all wake up bouncing to begin whatever we have on the schedule. They will not let me get away with anything. If I wrote it down in the booklet I gave them that has the entire itinerary for the week the kids know exactly what is left off, so I cannot get away with leaving off anything. You think I would get smart and not pile the schedule on so heavy, but I haven’t learned that yet.

 

I cannot believe only two whole days are left. My time is running out for Nana Camp 2014. My precious grandchildren will go back to their lives with their parents, but I know they will remember our fun times. I know they will never forget Nana Camp. I know I am so very fortunate to share this time with them. 

 

  


































No comments: